Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Answers to Product Prospectus

1. The tactics that Napoleon used during the campaign against Russia
2. Well I will be making a battle around the outside of Moscow showing tactical advanages around that area.
3. Well I chose it because I like using computer programs to recreate things that happend in history like mainly battles. Like last year when I was a freshman I used the same program to recreate D-day and Civil War battles in Modern American History.
4. Well Im really a proffesionalist and I believe that its got to be perfect the battle scenes Id also like to be able to fully explain the topic and all of the aspects of it so that I am ready for any questions people ask me at the end of my presentation.
5. Well at the end of the project I will have a better understanding of Napoleons years and I would like for this knowledge to stay with me so I could use it in the future as a reference to a questions because I really think that any battle that took place in the past has helped shape our tactics today.
6. First I would like to start with the battle scene I have a feeling that this time period and the technology that both sides had are going to be tough to judge so Im going to start making it first and through lots of trail and error I make it perfect and easy to understand like weapons and cannons and stuff like that.
7. Well next would be studying the tactics of it and applying them into the battle will be tough because when the troops to attack each other they wont really hit a different formation so I will have to make a few custom tactics on the layout of the area that they are fighting in so that it can all work out. I have a question for you what is the limit time we can take on the whole presentation. In the program that Im using there is blood violence so hopefully it will be ok.

2 comments:

  1. Alex --

    This is well-thought out and a great start! In response to your questions:

    1) I don't have a particularly strict time limit in mind, but keep in mind that you want your audience to stay interested -- if it goes on for too long then you might run the risk of losing them. But I understand that it may take a bit of time to tell the story properly. I'd say that as long as you balance those two concerns, you'll be fine.

    2) Is there any way you can bring in a sample of a battle you've already created for me to view? Maybe the one you did for Mr. Hubbard last year? That way I can get a handle on whether the graphics cross any lines. My guess is that they won't, but it's a good thing to check out ahead of time...

    Great start! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete