Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Status Report Assignment as of 3/11/09

1. On the project so far I have all of my index cards done and all of the daily progress post too. I also have in the battle scene I have Moscow completely done and the town of Borodino where the main fight scene was. At Borodino I have nearly 1000 standard Russian front line troops set up almost perfectly.

2. The stuff I have left to do is getting all of the forces on the battlefield so then I can tweak everything. The one thing I have to decide is if I want the troops of each side to only take one shot and then they die and if I were to do that I would have to add more troops because they are going to fall faster. Or should I have less troops and have them take more hits. The same thing for the calvary like for the calvary battles should there be a long fight or really short one.

3. The hardest thing so far is getting the scenery just right because I really like to make every battle very accurate and that is really tough to do because I really havent found that many images of what Borodino looked like. What is also really difficult is making all of the troops move in all the correct positions because naturally they want to move to engage the enemy so I need to fix that.

4. The easiest part of the project so far is getting information like tactics wise because there are thousands of websites for what I need so it really wasnt that difficult for me to get all of the index cards all done.

5. Something I would do differently is try to get to know Windows Vista Movie Maker HD program better because its going to be very difficult to get everything right. Like I would like to of had more experience with the windows version of movie maker because the only experience I have had is on the Macontosh movie maker and the one for Windows is different but I think it will be ok.

6. Before spring break I would like to have every unit on the battle field so that I can start to tweak things after I comeback from vacation. I would like to start taping the battles by the start of school after spring break. Then I could put all of the files in movie after all of that I have to combine all of the movies together.

No comments:

Post a Comment