Sunday, April 19, 2009

Fact #5

Source#1 http://www.fixglobalwarmingnow.org/
A. Fix Global Warming is the goal for this site and there solution is simple
B. The credentials that it has contact information it also has good concept.
C. I think it is a reliable source because they give a little statistics to go along
D. They say that all you got to do is plant more trees because C02 is the problem. ONE tree will offset (remove) about 1 ton of CO2 from the enviroment in its lifetime. Thats just ONE tree.
E. I believe it it makes sense and it is really simple if we plant enough trees and limit cutting we could really slow down global warming maybe even stop it. But we have to find the motivation to do this and this really takes the whole world in involvement.
Source#2 http://www.fightglobalwarming.com/page.cfm?tagID=263
A. The site is about fixing global warming and this one stood out to me.
B. The credentials that the site has are that it has sources at the bottom to go to for reference to back up there information.
C. I think its a reliable site because there are not many advertisements indicating that it is a safer webpage. They also have a about us tab so you can see where they publish their information.
D. They say the way to fix global warming is to buy more fuel efficent cars because the more efficent they are the less gas they burn the better it is on the enviroment.
10 mpg
1,200 gallons
13.6 tons/year
$2,760
I find this interesting for the SUV and Truck people out there this chart says that you but 13.6 tons of pollution into the atmosphere in one year that is really bad.
E. I believe this because its all true fuel efficent cars put way less greenhouse gas pollution into the atmosphere. So if we were to all get more fuel efficent cars global warming could start to slow down.
Source#3 http://www.sciencedaily.com/videos/2007/0407-possible_fix_for_global_warming.htm
A. The site is Science Daily.com
B. Its credentials are that it is a science news actual site and all of the information that it has are articles.
C. I think it is a credible site because there is also a video posted right there to see global warming solution that they have come up with. Also it is credible because the site is a scientific news site.
D. They say that we can produce algea to reduce C02 emtions because they take in C02 and turn it in to oxygen and if we have enough of these we could help the atmosphere a ton and it doesnt cost that much they claim to do this algea idea. Also the algea can be used to make bio diesel fuel.
E. It seems like a win win I would believe that this would work because it seems to be a good idea. I think we should carry on with this idea because it is cost efficent.
2. I believe that we can fix global warming because humans have been known to adapt and fix problems and we do if we have the will power if we have the will power to do this and fix global warming we will suceed.

No comments:

Post a Comment