Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Freedom of Press

1. http://usa.usembassy.de/media-freedom.htm
2. http://www.state.gov/g/drl/press/
3. http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/95-815.pdf <--this ones bad 4. http://polish.krakow.usconsulate.gov/krakow-pl/media_press.html
5. http://www.barefootsworld.net/article1.html
6. http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/refpages/RefArticle.aspx?refid=761575136
7. http://www.nationsonline.org/oneworld/freedom_of_press.htm
8. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_the_press
9. http://www.encyclopedia.com/topic/freedom_of_the_press.aspx
10. http://www.answers.com/topic/first-amendment-to-the-united-states-constitution
11. http://hnn.us/articles/392.html

1. Our right is Freedom of Press
2. The right exsist because American people want to express ideas without being stopped also they put it in place because it controls the power it keeps everyting balanced like if the president where to do something wrong the press would find out about it which then could trickle down the people would know and then the press could investigate more.
3. I can exersise my right by publishing my opinions about things in the school news paper and in the St. Louis Post Dispatch so I could possibly make a difference with something in the future like Global Warming opinions.
4. The limitations are that you can publish false information, you cant exchange things with the enemy if you are a reporter all of your publications are revised by the miltary before it gets to the public. You cannot post threats to anyone.
5. If I had to give up this right I would want the freedom to still be able to post opinions I would also like more funding to Global Warming so that it could be helped or slowed down. I would like the military to stop advancing so much which is soaking up our funds to do other stuff. Last and most importantly I would want to have more part in the decsions that America makes because I think if the government wants to take something away from us we should have a say in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment